Thursday, October 2, 2008

SWIMMING & CEREAL!?

Morning all!

I just got passed on a news story from one of my mates in America. Its all about the “GoldenBoy” of Beijing Michael Phelps, his foundation are getting together with Kellogs to promote children being active.

Sounds good, on the surface, but I’m gonna dip below the water on this one!

I’m all for increasing the activity of children as more and more kids become overweight and obese everyday around the world. Children in their early teens ending up in the hospitals with Type two diabetes (used to be an adult only disease!), heart problems & high cholesterol. The worst part!? The majority is all preventable, kids definitely need to get of their butt & get active! The culture is to sit and watch TV, play playstation, Not play outside (as its soo dangerous here now!?) and be slobs by the time they reach puberty. Eating fast food, quick fix dinners and far too much sugar and they know no better!

Enough of my morning rant… back to Phelps & kellogs.

It is quality that Kellogs and Michael want to promote a more active lifestyle, but I have a little issue here, that seems pretty obvious to me.

Number one, he almost publicised that he eats anything and everything, most of it junk to get up to his gut swelling 10,000 calories a day! Bearing in mind that recommended intake for a normal adult male is one fourth that at 2,500! The commercials they are starting to run, show Phelps on the boxes of a whole load of cereals, frosted flakes to rice crispy treats.

I’m guessing “8 Medal Man” doesn’t get into the detail of what his “BoatRace” is plastered on, but call me picky, I don’t think Kellogs have any intention or plan to try and help make our kids more healthy. Surprisingly they want to sell more and more of their big earners, which ARE FULL OF SUGAR & ADDING TO THE PROBLEM!

GOOD WORK KELLOGS, not.
So the story is not quite as it started out, here’s my new headline…

KELLOGS USE OLYMPIC LEGEND TO PROMOTE HIGH SUGAR RUBBISH, MAKE MORE MONEY & DECREASE THE HEALTH OF KIDS THE WORLD OVER.

What’s yours??
I’d love to know your views on this, do you think I’m too harsh or not harsh enough!

GET FAST. WIN MORE,

The Speed Freak!

www.SportSpeedAcademy.com
www.AdamWalkerPro.com


PS: I think he may be teaming up with MacDonnalds as well! Hmmmm, not the best 2nd choice either!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, It has to be on some of their beter cerals too! Besides, Phealps can eat whatever he likes, he needs 10000KC and if those kids were that fit I wouldn't criticise