Tuesday, October 21, 2008

CHOCOLATE OLYMPICS ?

Morning!

Can you believe it?? Yesterday LONDON 2012 unvieled(quietly)its newest major sponser for the games the well known sporty, healthy brand...

CADBURYS CHOCOLATE???

Hmmmmm... once again maybe I'm missing something here, but I didn't realise they premoted healthy lifestyle, diet, competition and sports nutrition. I must be simple, I thought it was chocolate treats marketed at people who struggle to control their diet & health. Who already eat to much rubbish, are too young to know better, oh and to make as much money through as much exposure as possible. A healthy, sporty, 2012 Olympic tag to all its products, well its bound to help brainwash another generation of ever increasing obese people with Olympic ideals??

OLYMPIC IDEALS!

Ancient Greeks and Baron De Coubertain (Founder of the Modern Olympics) I'm sure would be very happy with the way things are going, NOT.
As usual... its to the HIGHEST BIDDER.

I am not niave, I know big sporting events are big business. But the whole idea and point of the Olympics are the Olympic ideals, this is something more. Its why I fully support GB's LIFETIME BAN on DRUG users in sport, when other countries are soft.

Whats next?

MARLBRO CIGARETTES TO BECOME THE NEXT BIG SPONSER OF 2016??

Your havin a Laugh.

Yours in Sport & Speed,

Adam Lewis-Walker
www.sportspeedacademy.com

THE SPEED FREAK

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know, I saw thsi on the 2012 website!

What a load fo Rubbish- The olympics- th ebiggest show on earth. The Paralympics- second biggest show on earth. An oppertunity to show excellence, friendship and respect- the true Olympic ideals as stated by Baron De Coubertain himself. Not to exploit bussiness oppertunities!!!!